Friday, October 15, 2010

A Journey Backwards

A distant dream woke me up

While resting in eternal bed

A call to revisit the world once

Where I got a River’s history created

Long ago I would say

Like a fairy tale it has been

Breathing in the fresh breeze

When I was an earthen king

Swam across the sea coast

I reached the burning sand

The heat melted my feet

As I faced the timeless Sun

A curse I remember spilling out

As my toes used to touch the heated rocks

Now it feels like a mother’s wrath

A bliss as the child evolves

I walked towards the marshy fields

Saw the old green patches

Remember the children hanging from trees

And running through the wet grasses

Saw the golden grains waving as old

Smiled the peasants to their faithful friend

Women carrying my water in pots

Their lives’ thirst I quenched

A few more steps I took

Surprised! I have reached a waterfall

Oh! My ancient brain mistook

It is a dam as the urbanites call

I looked at myself with wide eyes

How urbanism got me tied

The one who feeds mankind

The one who is nature’s beloved

I carried on along my rich banks

Saw a potter making his craft with my bliss

A fisherman with his booty filled

Boats sail in my arms unleashed

The climb goes on to the foothills

I bumped on the crowded pebbles

The Olympic jump I gave once

Not recorded in Guinness’s tables

I started running through the evergreens

Saw the wilds bathing in me

The marine life dance in thanksgiving

Their life giver I have been

Further I walked up

And was turning glacial white

Shivering in the mountain winds

Here starts my icy flight

I carried on my upward journey

The mortals seemed to fade

The monks & alpine welcomed me

In a world away from life & dead

At last I reached the finesse

Came to an end my life’s marathon

In the lap of the snowy giant

Mother’s womb from where I was awaken

The wise call it knowledge & philosophy

Breathe taking journey to be achieved

Emotions & learning’s gaining all the way

Making all the way vivid

But as I made my return journey

I felt an ocean’s difference

Nothing to be kept in store for after-life

A walk of delights & endurance

No mortal learning helps immortality

No worldly experience as well

Life is for few words of prayer

And moments in search of the grail

All journey, all lessons

Go for waste if not known

Who we came from & whom we will go to

Whom we have in us sown

No comments:

Post a Comment